Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Arm, Leg, Both



Being a driver myself and seeing the gases prices I began driving less, but others have another solution. Driving at a certain speed gives you the most of your gas. With gas prices at $4 a gallon, people are using other sources of transportation and others just don’t drive anymore. As people are zooming past Joanne Papin going at 70 mph, she was going 55 mph. Some people would rather save money than time. "I read somewhere that around 62 or 63 was the best speed to drive to make the most of your gas," she said. Researchers say today's cars are most fuel efficient at speeds between around 30 and 60 mph. Not only are gas prices changing drivers habits but are reducing the demand for gas anywhere form 2 to 3 percent. A 2 to 3 percent reduction in the demand for gas can possible decrease gas prices. So now I have an excuse if I get pulled over for speeding in a 25 mph zone. 

No comments: